I’m a new person. Or at least in a couple of weeks I’ll be living a brand new life. A new apartment. A new voice coach. Both these things are unclear. I’m looking. This can seem at times to be a setback just because at the beginning of the year I had thought by now this one woman show would be well underway. It seems to be constantly under construction and reconstruction. The only real thing I have are some dance routines. I thought by now I’d have a couple of songs prepared. But I got side tracked by that audition workshop that was supposed to help me get into a musical. I feel like I’m constantly at square one. Always starting from the beginning never, ever reaching the end. But I guess like those positive things I’ve been listening to ‘You can never get it done and you can never get it wrong’. I guess that’s supposed to be helpful. I just feel like there’s so much on that to do list. It’s hard to be focused cause I want to do everything.
- Find an apartment by May 1st or earlier
- Work on Nobody’s Idol and really figure out what the story is and how it all fits
- Get movers
- Find a new voice coach
- Make enough money to afford new apartment, utilities and all these coaches a.k.a. go to work
- Be better at improv and go to practice / shows
- Clean car
- Be better at singing in a choir and go to practice / show (can you call church a show?)
- Find a better job
- Seek out people to do that play-reading in June
- Figure out cable/internet – I dread those phone calls
- I’d really like to go on a trip somewhere
- Change cellphone plan to be cheaper
- I’d really like to do an improv intensive somewhere
- I need to buy a bed
- Oh yeah work on that song and collaborate with that girl
- Read that book on songwriting ‘6 steps to songwriting success’
- Practice dances on a stage somewhere
- Be more focused at work and try to hear what people say the first time they say it instead of 3 times later a.k.a try not to be so stupid (I’m smart)
- Put videos on the blog using imovie.
- Be better in general
- Make sure apartment can fit very comfy couch if not than try to sell it again.