I’ve been thinking the key to success in this world has to do with being brave. I’ve been thinking that since I’m such a coward I may never see some ego-type successes.
Here is a list of all the things I do not have the nerve to do:
- Really prepare for this audition on Tuesday…
- Try and switch my shift on Tuesday to make sure I’m not late or rushed
- Take a tap dance class to refresh my memory on how to do stuff
- write my musical for at least an hour daily
- Apply to a fringe festival of some sort
- promote this blog
Why? I guess it’s fear.
- Because well look what happened last time – I was sooo prepared and do you see me in a musical – no – so – let’s just give up before I even get there – who cares if I’m really talented, they’ll never see it, the way they always never see or hear me…the way I always let myself down
- Because an hour and 20 minutes should be plenty of time for me to get to god knows where this audition is taking place
- I more or less remember how to do a time step – it’ll be easy…f! I had soo much time to prepare and what did I do? watch tv and movies…I’m the worst.
- that’s so much work I’d rather just sit here and do nothing
- the thing about fringe festivals is that they cost money and I’ve got lots of other things to pay for…but money is always a likely excuse not to do stuff…but then again it is a good reason
- People actually reading my actual thoughts and feelings on stuff, how horrifying